LEDs use a lot of power, so they get hot. If they’re not cooled properly, they can overheat and catch fire.
The most common reason for overheating is insufficient airflow. Make sure that the fan in your fixture is working properly and that there are no obstructions blocking the flow of air around the light. Also look at where the bulb is mounted — if it’s installed close to a wall or ceiling, it may not have enough room for air to flow through.
If you have more than one LED bulb in a fixture, make sure that there’s enough distance between them to allow airflow. You might need to install them on different circuits if they share an outlet with other electrical devices that require large amounts of power (such as an electric stove).
Another possible cause of overheating is excess heat buildup inside your lamp or fixture due to poor heat dissipation or insulation issues such as gaps in the fixture housing or faulty wires that aren’t covered by heat-resistant insulation tape or jacketing material.
Last modified: November 18, 2022