Adobe Acrobat Pro is a desktop publishing application that allows you to create and edit documents. You can add checkboxes to your PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Pro by using the Checkboxes tool on the Tools menu.
- Open your PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Select the Checkboxes tool from the Tools menu, or click on the Checkboxes icon on the toolbar at the top of your page.
- Click on a page where you want to place a checkbox, then click on an empty area of that page when it opens in your workspace window.
- Create your checkbox by clicking and dragging outwards from where you clicked to create its outer border, then draw another line around one of its corners to create its inner border so that it resembles an actual checkbox (see Resources).
- Click outside of your newly created checkbox to close it; then move it into position by selecting “Move” from the Edit menu or by clicking on it with your mouse and dragging it into position using its handles (see Resources).
Last modified: September 20, 2022